Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Spinning Food with a Purpose

It's been awhile since I last visited here but I think I'm back to post more pics, recipes and whatever else I feel like, after all, this is my blog and I can do what I want.  A couple of years ago the whole family moved to Facebook and that killed the blog writing for everyone.  Why spend all the time writing and editing photos for a blog post when all that needs to be done is to take a pic with the new fangled phone cameras, post to Facebook and write a clever sentence or two?  It all seems so easy when compared to writing and maintaining a blog.

I thought about it a few weeks ago and decided I wanted to get back into the blog business, back to my roots, where it all started years(?) ago.  I'll still post a pic or two on Facebook, after all how else will I ever get anyone to visit my blog, but the blog will tell my story with words, recipes and of course photos.  Will I be able to post photos of nightly dinner 5 minutes after I finish eating and before I even start to digest my meal?  Hell no, that is the big advantage of Facebook but with the blog I can share more photos and share recipes.  The blog will also give me a history of my food exploits and that is something hard to do with Facebook, even with the new timeline.  Now, on to the blog.

If you have been here before but it's been a while you will notice the new look.  It's called a " dynamic" blog where photos, somehow or other, are suppose to load faster.  Also, it's suppose to be easier to navigate when a visitor comes calling.  We'll see, if I don't like it I may change it back.

Enough BS let's get to the reason I'm here..........FOOD!!!

Weber Rotisserie Attachment
Rotisserie Magic About to Happen
For the last couple of years I've thought about (maybe I should say procrastinated) buying a rotisserie for my grill.  Ever since I cooked some barbecue chicken for my little sister and made the mistake asking her if it was as good as Grandma Williams barbecue chicken and she gave me the ole head shake no I knew eventually I would have to break down and buy one.  Now, I have to admit, I think I make a pretty mean barbecue chicken on the grill but apparently it's not up to Grandma's standards.  I had everything she used, grill and charcoal, but I didn't have a rotisserie.  Like I said earlier, after two years thinking about it (okay procrastinating) I finally broke down and bought one.  
Grandma's Barbecue Chicken?
Rotisserie cooking, as I have found out, brings a whole new level to cooking.  I don't know what took me so long to get in the game but I'm sure glad I did.  Stay tuned over the next few days because I got a couple of backlogged food items, obviously from the rotisserie, to post.







2 comments:

Joni said...

If you're taking votes, I say keep this layout. And the rotisserie.

Unknown said...

I think I'll keep the layout, the more I use it the more I like it. I'll also be keeping the rotisserie.