Saturday, November 15, 2008

Peach Cobbler Dump

The reason for tonight's post is this:

Photobucket
I know of a couple of hoodlums out there will know what all this is for and I hope they are drooling right now. This is the peach cobbler we used to make when we were at the cabin or out camping. I think this could possible be one the the best smells in all the world, peach cobbler cooking over an open fire at night. Brings back memories.

This is one of the simplest cobblers to make. Just follow the pictures.

Start by lighting a fire in the chimney starter.

Photobucket

Dump everything into the dutch oven.

Photobucket

Cook. Oh the smells when it is cooking.

Photobucket

Take off the fire when done.

Photobucket

Serve with ice cream and enjoy.

Photobucket

I wanted to make this tonight because I haven't made it for a couple of years. And believe me it was worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have made this somewhere along the way in the travels of life. Yum!

Unknown said...

So you found me. I'm still under construction but I'm getting there. So far all I have done is move old post from my other blog and edit them to make some sense. I am trying to move per day until I get them all over here.

I do have a couple of new post to do and I will be doing them shortly. As soon as I put on one new post I will let everyone know. I am also including some baking the wife does too. She just made some type of new pumpkin pie yesterday which was pretty good.

Stay tuned.