Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hot Pork Sandwich

Hot Pork Sandwich

It is hard to beat a Sunday Dinner that produces Wednesday Night Leftovers and this week is no exception. If you remember last Sunday I made a pork roast and just in case you don't remember here is a reminder......

Photobucket

One of my favorite meals is hot sandwiches whether it is hot turkey, hot beef or in this case hot pork, they are all good.

I start with the gravy, either from a can (if you really want to make this simple) or from scratch, which is the method I always choose. Once the gravy is ready I drop the meat in the gravy to warm it up a little.

Photobucket

I also like my hot sandwiches with toasted bread. A few years ago I ordered a hot sandwich from a restaurant and they toasted their bread and I have been doing the same ever since. I think the bread holds up better in the gravy too.

Photobucket

What we end up with is another quick, good Wednesday night meal from leftovers. I'll give it a 4.5 out of 5 forks, simply delicious.

Hot Pork Sandwich

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lost me on this one, brother. I don't eat gravy. Under any circumstances.

Unknown said...

You're missing one of the finer things in life. Oh well, more for me that way.

carriegel said...

I'm with her on the gravy but I really like the idea of toasting the bread.

jporterGOP said...

This is also one of my absolute favorites.