Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chicken and Noodles

As promised here is the premiere episode of Wednesday Night Leftovers. The great thing about the internet is you will never know what night I actually eat leftovers because it doesn't come at you live. I can tell you this though, we do normally eat leftovers on Wednesday and sometimes Thursday night. Since I need a title for this series I chose Wednesday night because it sits right in the middle of the week.

Time to roll.......

Remember this little diddy from last weeks Sunday Dinner Episode? Chicken Pot Pie and as normal we have leftovers.

It is hard to completely change a meal from leftovers but there are little things that can be done to at least give a different type of meal than making it seem like you are eating the same old thing from Sunday. A good leftover meal shouldn't take much effort to prepare especially during the week when the last thing you feel like doing is cooking.

Enter tonights stars, leftover chicken mixture from Sunday and egg noddles. Notice the whole wheat noodles. We only use whole wheat pasta and noodles now because they have improved it so much from a couple of years ago and we don't even notice the difference anymore.

The toughest part of the tonights dinner has just been completed, getting the everything out on the counter, from here it's all downhill.

The only thing that could make tonights meal easier is if it could be cooked all in one pan. Since the noodles need to be boiled in some salted water we must use a second pan. My choice is my trusted double boiler that I use for all my pasta cooking.

At the same time the chicken leftovers go in a pan and warmed up, this is so easy even a caveman can do it.

By now you probably realize where I am going with this so we can spare all the suspense and show the final scene.
Photobucket
Looks good, eh? And mere minutes to prepare. On a leftover scale I give it a 4 out of five forks. I can't give it 5 because some leftovers seem to gain flavor as they sit in the refrigerator but this really didn't.

Still pretty good and even better, so easy to prepare.

1 comment:

carriegel said...

The leftovers look as good as the original. But then again I love leftovers. I may have to try this one.