Monday, December 8, 2008

Throwdown Special

With the impending throw down coming up over Christmas vacation I thought I would do an update on how I am coming along with my entry. When I found out about the throw down a couple of weeks ago I immediately began searching and thinking about what I could cook. Since this category is anything you can eat with a spoon I had many, many choices. I thought of cereal and believe me it doesn't get much better than Cinnamon Life cereal or the new maple flavored Life cereal. That just seems too easy and I think I need to find something a little more substantial. Now where can we go from here? How about some sort of vegetable or chicken noodle soup? Or how about some chili? I actually won a contest once with my chili could I do it again? Or how about a chowder? I do love my chowders but I'm not sure everyone else does and after all I do have to appeal to everyone to win. Such choices, what to do what to do.

Well this weekend I did the trial run on my choice. Let me introduce you to the cast of characters.

Photobucket

Interesting choice don't you think? I'll bet you are wondering how I am going to put all this together? Well follow along.

This isn't some kind of cold soup we don't have to cook so for my choice of cooking vessel I think I will choose.......

Photobucket

.......my small cast iron chicken fryer. Since I am here by myself right now I don't need to make a whole lot just enough to find out if I'm on the right track.

Anyway I end up throwing a little of this and a little of that in there and sooner or later we end up with this.......

Photobucket

Looks good eh?

Now come on let's get real you didn't really think I was going to let everybody in on my throw down choice now did you? Not a chance it will be a surprise. I will tell you this though it was pretty good and if anybody out there decides to enter something against this entry they will have their work cut out for themselves. BRING IT ON I'M READY!!!

Ok I'll show you a picture of the finished entry.

Photobucket

Opps I forgot to take off the lid.

ARE YOU READY FOR A THROWDOOOOOWWWWWWWN?

I am.

Recipe to Win a Throwdown

A little of this
A little of that

Throw together

Cook for awhile.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got too much time on your hands.

carriegel said...

man, i have got to get a crack-a-lackin on that.

Unknown said...

I wanted to make it once before hand because I have never make this before. I will be making one minor change to it though but other than that I think I'm ready.

jporterGOP said...

FYI, I'm helping him - meaning I get 1/3 of the bragging rights if we (he) win(s).

Unknown said...

I thought you were making something for yourself? I am bringing the recipe with me that you want to make. My entry is already half done because I made the base today and all I really have to do is throw it all together once I get there. We will have plenty of time to make yours if you want.